Friday, January 14, 2011

Right to a fair opinion..

So, lately, i feel like my honest opinions don't matter. Like whatever I think, gets bypassed and however i feel about something is WRONG. Someone else is always right, and im wrong, and what i think is different and wrong, and there always has to be a friend finding random sources trying to be the "know it all." That btw is one of THE biggest and most annoying things a person can have as a quality in my personal opinion (if that even matters to you) bc apparently to many, my opinion doesn't matter.. so, since no one reads this anyway, here i am, letting YOU, invisible person out there, read about who i am, and how i fell about certain things..

I LOVE electronic music. I love it, so much. I've listened to plenty of electro for the past 4 years, dancing out in clubs in hollywood, raving it up at EDC with minors (weird) and just blasting it in my car on the way home from work. it is one of the most relaxing sounds for me, and i LOVE it. Electro to me is a huge genre; dubstep,drum and bass, house music, trance, nu-disco..all of that, is classified under electro in my book. Yes, you can argue with me on how they arent electro, and i know, they arent, but when i say that, i mean a BROAD range of music.


i HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE... (i think thats enough) when music goes mainstream without it being represented fairly. FOR EXAMPLE. Britney Spears released a song this week, that has a trance beat behind it. IT is straight up dance music, like from the grungy underground, plastered on a pretty face for the world to see... no no no.. to me.. this is a no no, and i understand, WTF, nbd Mayra D. but this is just how i FEEL about it. and my feelings need to be expressed right? so let me express them.. k, thanks! anywho, i posted a thing about it on my fb status, (here i go being a little bit overdramatic, but anywho...) and the whole thing turned into a discussion, which i should have expected, but it was not what i wanted. I understand the people feel that they should comment on it, but it was most definitely a vent on how i felt about something so passionate about. YES, i am an "electronic music fiend!!" meaning, i need it, i crave it, ALL of the time.. lol, so when someone like Britney plastered my "vice" all over the nation, that made me not happy. not mad, but more dissapointed at the lack of representation that the MAINstream media is doing for electro. Electronic music, the amazing stuff, is still no on the radio, its still free of charge on blogs, in zippyshare files, on twitter, but it is no where to be found on radio stations. SO that is what gets me mad. Britney, bc she's the "queen" can deface such amazing music ( to me) and people love it... i dont get it..

im not making sense,


oh well,



no ones listening.

Mayra D.

3 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I am an invisible nobody, and I feel like I am misrepresented too! No one cares about us nobodies - I bet we dont even have a PAC on capital hill. It's like being left-handed, but we wont get into that.

    So lets have a invisible people party where no one listens to each other and be dance to electronic music all night.

    I'm in.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you got it dude. imagine how cool its gonna be to be invisible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss talking to you! Your tweet made me want to read this even more. :) I'm pretty sure when you wake up tomorrow, you'll remember Britany is a tool and that the best music doesn't need to lower its standards to become "mainstream". Electro is wicked awesome because not everyone listens to it. Thats my opinion. Okay, now I'm going to try and go back to sleep.

    ReplyDelete