Tuesday, October 14, 2014

38 weeks! It's the FINAL COUNTDOWN!!

Wowsers, how terrible am I at blogging ? I told myself at the beginning of my pregnancy that I would try and blog at least every month just to keep a record of my pregnancy and to just have those memories everyone loves to have. Welp, not gonna happen! LOL. Anywho, since the last time you heard from me, a lot has happened. Well, obviously we are having a little boy, Ezra ________ Alofa Stevenson will be his name. The blank is left open because it is between Cameron and James. My husband hasn't decided what it will be so for now he is Ezra blank Alofa Stevenson. Alofa means love in Samoan and is also my late father in law's name. Well after week 20 we found out that my little nugget has a heart defect, similar to what I had when I was born but a little more severe and it might require surgery. His heart condition is called AV Canal Septal defect and basically it means he has a significant hole in both the Atria and Ventricle walls in his heart. From what we have seen lately it looks like it might only be ASD which is a hole in the Atria only but we won't be able to fully see what is going on until little Ezra is out of his womb. Besides that he is looking like a little champ. He looks like his daddy from what 4D ultrasounds have shown so we are excited! I literally am only 12 days out of my due date and a lot of things have changed since our last update. I no longer have serious food aversions or nausea. Im hungry every 2 hours and chocolate is my best friend. LOL. I love fresh foods and salads and veggies, fruits and just anything wholesome. Ezra is already head down, he's been head down since week 30 so good on him for not moving breech. I had a little stint in the hospital on week 32 because I had a positive Fetal Fibronectin Test which means I  could've delivered within 2 weeks of testing positive. I found out I had an infection and that's what caused preterm labor contractions and made that test positive. I was given Magnesium, which burned like a MOTHER, made me so so hot and nauseous i hope it never happens again. I was given penicillin for babies lungs to mature just in case and just monitored babies heart. Because of our little heart condition I do NST testing twice a week since week 30 to ensure that Ezra isn't developing an Arrhythmia or any excess fluid is going into his body or into the amniotic sac. So far his check ups have been great and he's a happy little guy so we are happy. I cannot wait to hold my little man, I literally have no words to describe how great pregnancy is and feeling his rolls, kicks and jabs has been the most amazing experience of my life. I am so sad that I only get 2 more weeks with him in my belly, we are 2 as 1 and this is the last few weeks that we will get to be together as one. His heart was built by mine, full of love. My husband is so ecstatic, he's been great helping me out and being patient while i go through all of the pregnancy side effects. I can't wait to see him raise our little boy into a fine young man. He's gonna do great. Anywho, I cannot wait to meet my Ezra. Until then, enjoy some photos!

xoxo

Mayra




















No comments:

Post a Comment