Monday, October 1, 2012

the one thing that brings me the most JOY....

Is hearing a baby laugh. I mean almost instantaneously i am just filled with absolute joy to the point where i could cry just thinking about a baby laughing. it is the happiest expression in the most virtuous and lovely form ever. I sit here thinking about all the things that bring me happiness in life because lately, i've been a little pessimistic, and i don't like thinking like that because, ahem helllooo ...anxiety
Ive been reading other blogs and lately i ran into a blog about this family whos mom had a seizure at the grocery store, mother of 5, has a baby. Well that seizure was caused by a cancerous tumor in her brain, her brain. oh goodness. i can cry right now. i felt so terrible reading about it, i wish i could send her some much positivity, i send it via knee mail for sure. But in her blog, you would never guess she's probably more anxious in life than me, i couldn't even think of relating our anxieties. One thing i loved about this woman was her positivity about it all, how she knew she was going to get through it, and how she is going to FIGHT for her life, for her CHILDREN. so strong. I mean i cried when i found out she had cancer, this is a real story, this is a real woman, this is real life. it can be so sad at times, so full of sorrows and trials, but oh can we fight it. we can get through it.

we can get through it.

one thing that i loved hearing from my uh,therapist (sounds so weird to say i have a therapist) is that in order to get things BETTER, we have to take a risk, without taking a risk, we are STUCK. so we gottta take a risk, it may be OH so scary, we may not want to do it, but it has to happen in order to get things better. i am getting anxiety just thinking about it. but it is true, we have to take a little leap, we've gotta have faith. we gotta do GOOD.

i have come to realize that my irrationalities don't control me, i control me. i act upon myself, i choose what i let in my mind, and at tthis moment, and forever, i will choose good, i will choose happiness, i will always choose righteousness and i will always choose my LOVING Heavenly Father.

It is october, so we, LDS folk, are eager for a great weekend full of guidance from our Prophet Thomas S. Monson, to hear uplifting talks that are meant for all of us. I cannot wait, my heart is dancing.

Thank you. thank you for taking the time to read about my life and remember, find your happiness, be in control, and do the right thing. always.

Mayra d. Stevenson

:)






No comments:

Post a Comment