Friday, August 17, 2012

Thankful.

This week has been pretty tough on me, somehow my anxiety decided to creep up on me and take me back a step in control. Thankfully i have an amazing husband and some great listeners at work that let me talk about how i feel and make be feel better! While I hate having anxiety and the feeling that takes over, it definitely makes me thankful for having the gospel in my life. One of the most important things in my world is my belief in Jesus Christ. This past week i've been reading over at http://presleyfam.blogspot.com, they sadly lost their adorable boy this past week. I cannot express the sadness i feel for them, but at the same time It is so comforting to know they'll all be together again some day. I'm so thankful for the knowledge that I have. I have been telling my husband that we need to find time in our opposite work schedule to head to the Temple. I miss going to the Temple, its been about 2 months since we've gone so to me its too long! I feel like when you have the opportunity to help someone, do it. Take the chance and make your time worth it! At work lately i've noticed that the way you are with people determines the way they are with you. Maybe its my Disney training but i've always felt like i have to be extra polite to people, and being at a bank, not all personalities are like mine so it can be difficult to get people happy to come into the bank. One of the things i love to hear from my customers say is "muy amable" in spanish, basically stating that you've been really nice, but in a very humble and sweet way! It makes my day every time i hear a customer say that and it makes me feel like i'm making a difference. Although we are not allowed or not really advised to talk about religion at work, sometimes inbetween transactions and conversations pop up we discuss what we do on our free time. The other day I helped this man who had taken some missionary lessons and had attended some church meetings before, He had nothing but great things to say about the church but he wasn't baptized and he said he still had to decided where he stood. He went on to say that his girlfriend doesn't believe in God or religion at all. It made me really thing about how lucky I was to find someone who has the same faith as me, the same beliefs as I do and the same will to do good in the world.I'm so thankful for the life i've been blessed with, words could never describe how peaceful it is to have my loving heavenly father to pray to and to console me in times of need. I'm so thankful for adversities, because without them, i wouldn't enjoy the goods as much as i do!

With love, 

Mayra S


No comments:

Post a Comment